Name:
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Remember, Remember the 5th of November

Gunpowder, Treason and Plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot...

Today is Guy Fawkes day, which means that we have been hearing the sounds of fireworks going off for the past couple of hours. The day's celebrations are named after a guy who tried to blow up the British parliament and failed. I was a bit confused at first as to what we were celebrating - the fact that he made the attempt, or the fact that he failed. It turns out that it's the latter, which I might have known had I been paying better attention during "V for Vendetta" (that movie is the first thing I think of when I think of Guy Fawkes Day, which isn't all that often).
Anyways, Meghan and I kind of tried to find a fireworks display/bonfire to go to, but ended up just staying at home. We were celebrating in spirit though. After all, this will quite possibly be the only time we're in the UK for Guy Fawkes day. Now all we need is one of those creepy masks, and we're all set.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

really? I thought it was because of the attempt that they celebrated...I'm confused.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home