Name:
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Monday, September 25, 2006

Today's Math Lesson: Rain = Total Chaos

I must have jinxed it with my last post - today we had massive amounts of rain, even by English standards. Actually, the rain in England is generally a constant annoying drizzle, while today we had a massive downpour. Which for some reason threw the whole school into confusion. To be fair, there was some flooding in one of the wings, and apparently thunder storms are not that common over here. It was still surprising to see how scared some of the students were, and that they were not allowed to leave their classrooms for almost two hours because of the weather. Luckily the kids I had to entertain were pretty cool.

All in all, I can't really complain about the weather, since it led to me having some extra time off and missing two of my least favourite classes. Not everyone in Yarmouth can be quite so postive; one of the streets near my house was under a few feet of water. They had to re-route all the traffic and many stores and houses experienced quite a bit of damage (enough to be the top story on the Norfolk news). So we can also be thankful that our house seems to be on relatively high ground. It does concern me that this is not the first time (or even the second time) that someplace I have been visiting has been featured in the news... it really makes me wonder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snides said...

You are just an exciting kind of girl, I guess!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home