Name:
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Saturday, September 02, 2006

And So It Begins....

Not just my blog either. It is also the beginning (pretty much) of my year in England, and of my 25th year of life. So this really is a momentous occasion.

I started this blog so that people could keep up to date with my (mis)adventures overseas....and with my life in general. It does seem a little presumptuous to assume that people will want to read this - so thanks for actually reading it!

Anyhow, since I should probably write something of actual interest, here is how I've spent my time in the UK thus far:

- wandering around the town of Great Yarmouth, trying to find internet access, various household supplies, food, and other such items. I discovered (much to my dismay) that there is very little in the way of coffee shops, and there are very few people my age. Though there must be some 24 year olds (I can't believe I'm 24!) somewhere...

- visiting the school I will be teaching at and discovering that I really know nothing about the education system. The people seem nice though, and apparently the students are relatively well behaved.

- travelling Scotland. My cousin and I visited Inverness (yes, we did tour Loch Ness, and yes, I did feel like a tourist. It was a beautiful lake though), Culrain (where we stayed in a castle), Fort William, and Stirling (home of the William Wallace monument). It was great to get back on the road again, and Scotland was amazing. I liked it almost as much as I liked Ireland.

And I guess that's it for now. I have no clue how this year is going to turn out, but we shall see what happens. At the very least, I will have lots to write about...

The End.



3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Great Yarmouth... oh dear. Possibly not the best introduction to England.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Yahoo!

It is really funny that we picked the same design...I suppose I shouldn't be surprised though.

Yay for your blog!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Snides said...

Welcome to the blog world! I look forward to keeping up with your adventures.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home