Name:
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Now That's What I Call A University Town

The highlight of this week was definitely yesterday's visit to Cambridge. It is a beautiful city, and has a great atmosphere. We enjoyed a punting trip down the river, saw lots of colleges (and lots of students - term starts this week) and ended off the day at an Evensong service in King's College chapel. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. And it did make me seriously wish that I was a student again, so if I don't come back home next year you'll know where I am. (Don't worry Mom, I'm just kidding...)

Anyways, here are some pictures of my new favourite university, with some of our roommates thrown in.



Me and our roommates Kelly and Darren.


Darren, Meghan and I


The view from the punting docks on the river Cam.


Trinity College, apparently one of the more famous of the 30-some colleges in the University.


Another view of the river, and our punting guide Sam. We could have rented a punt without a guide, but I'm pretty sure that either Meghan, myself or our pole (or all three) would have ended up in the river.


This building was used in the Harry Potter movies!


The Bridge of Sighs, where students get one last glimpse of daylight before writing their exams, named after the bridge leading to the execution chambers at the Doge's Palace in Venice.


The Mathematical Bridge. I obviously had to take a picture of it.


The Founders' Garden at Clare college.


The King's College chapel - home to an exceptional choir.

The inner courtyard at King's College.

King's College at dusk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Oh my goodness! It is so nice! We should definitely go to school there. (Sorry Carley's mom!)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home