Name:
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

C'est L'Hallowe'en

And so I have decided to post some picture of my trip to Ireland. I am nothing if not logical.




This is not Ireland, but it is a nice picture of Meghan, Mandy and myself in London so I thought I would include it.

This is where we set up camp in Heathrow.


Some of the murals in Belfast. You can find these at a number of locations around the city, but these were some of the better ones.


The Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland.


The Giant's Causeway on the Antrim Coast. This is unique formation of hexagonal volcanic rock.


A Unionist neighbourhood in Derry. Notice the lampposts and curbs are painted red, white and blue. Republican neighbourhoods are decorated in a similar way, but with the colours orange, white and green.
Celtic crosses in Donegal.

A waterfall in "Yeat's Country", County Mayo. Apparently this was featured in one of his poems.


The Cliffs of Moher on the West Coast. This was my favourite thing on the tour, I think. We got to go right up to the edge, although we had to crawl to make sure we didn't blow off (!).

The outside of Newgrange burial chamber. I went to visit this, and another burial chamber called Knowth, as a day trip from Dublin. Newgrange is known for letting in a very accurate beam of sunlight during the Winter solstice. It is quite cool on the inside, though unfortunately we weren't allowed to take pictures.

The "beautifully carved stone" at the front of Newgrange, featuring what is know as the tri-spiral. Some neolithic carvings from the site of Knowth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Stephanie is jealous!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home