Name:
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

At Long Last

I think it has been over a month since I last posted....so likely no one is reading this right now. Oh well. It serves me right.

Quite a bit has happened in the past month or so. Here are some notable things that happened;

- I taught math classes

- Easter came and I ate lots of chocolate

- I went to London for the weekend, looked at some art and saw Avenue Q, which I found to be highly entertaining (though not for the easily-offended).

- I told my school that I was leaving, and I started preparing to come home on April 30th. That's right, I am coming home! I am hoping to interview and get a job with the Waterloo school board for next year. I am also hoping to get caught up on all of the KW fun that I missed...

- My computer, or should I say my school-issued laptop, decided to kick it. All of my pictures from my trip were on there. Those of you who know me well will have already guessed that I did not have them backed up. So that was sad. Luckily, the IT guy at my school thinks that my computer will be fixable and my pictures will be recovered. Hopefully that will occur BEFORE I go home.

- Meghan and I took a 2 week trip over the Easter holidays. We went to Krakow (Poland), Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Munich, Heidelberg and Amsterdam. Needless to say, it was a busy couple of weeks! Well worth it, though. I'd have to say that my favourite places were Prague and Salzburg (although paragliding in Innsbruck was also sweet!). Prague, although not necessarily my favourite city overall, was probably the most beautiful city I've ever visitied, and the scenery surrounding Salzburg is amazing. I kept wanting to sing songs from the Sound Of Music. I have also discovered how great Easter markets in Europe are. Mmm, carbohydrates...

And that is the last month in a nutshell.

In closing, I must mention that if any of you are going to see Ben Folds and John Mayer play in Toronto tonight, you are incredibly lucky and I am incredibly jealous.

That is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hey Carley. You're home now. Are you not going to blog anymore? That would be sad

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home