Name:
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Sunday, January 07, 2007

...And We're Back

The Christmas holidays have come and gone, and we are now settling back into our regular routine here in England. To be quite honest, I wasn't overly enthusiastic about coming back, but everything seems to be going ok so far.

I had such a good time at home . It was so much fun to see everybody and to hang out at some of my favourite places in Waterloo. It was weird though - when I got to Waterloo, it seemed as though I had never left. And then, when I got back here, it also seemed as though I had never left England. Very strange. I guess that is the way it works when you live in two different places.

Anyhow, there is not much interesting going on here right now (except for the FA cup in Football, about which I know nothing). The weather is very similar to what it was at home, although it is actually SUPPOSED to be above zero here. Meg and I have a trip to Edinburgh planned for in a couple of weeks, and I am already getting excited for our first trip to the continent in February. Sunny Spain and Portugal, here we come!

To close, a couple of random tips/facts that you may find useful:
Tip: When travelling, always assume that your train will be delayed or rerouted. That way, you won't be as stressed out when you arrive at the airport less than an hour before your transatlantic flight is due to take off.
Fact: Dragging 90 lbs of luggage around the London Tube system is a great arm workout. It is also no fun, especially when you have to take the stairs.
Tip/Fact: Watch Prison Break. I discovered this show over the holidays and it is EXTREMELY addictive. Which may actually be a good reason NOT to start watching it...

THE END


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home